Thu, 13 Feb|
Anshi National Park
Field Visit to Dandeli- Anshi Wildlife Sanctuary Feb 2020
Kali Tiger Reserve abounds in richness of flora and fauna. Its richness and diversity offers ample opportunities to nature lovers to enjoy the captivating landscape. The Reserve is generally undulating with steep slopes with picturesque deep river valleys and rich hilly forest terrain.
Time & Location
13-Feb-2020, 6:00 pm IST – 17-Feb-2020, 7:20 am IST
Anshi National Park, Kodthalli, Karnataka 581187, India
About the Event
DANDELI ANSHI TIGER RESERVE (renamed as KALI TIGER RESERVE) is the fourth Tiger Reserve of Karnataka State. It is a crucial Tiger landscape which provides connectivity to the forests of the Bhadra, Bandipur and Nagarahole and at the same time ensures connectivity to the forests of Goa and Maharashtra.
Covering the Talukas of Haliyal, Karwar and Joida, the Kali Tiger Reserve (KTR) is part of the Uttara Kannada District of Karnataka. It lies between latitudes 14° 57’ 23.04” N; longitudes 74° 15’ 7.56” East and latitude 15° 9’ 56.16” North; longitude 74° 43’ 10.56” East.
The Tiger Reserve comprises of two important protected areas of the region viz., Dandeli Wildlife Sanctuary and Anshi National Park. Dandeli Wildlife Sanctuary (475.018 sq km) and Anshi National Park (339.866 sq km) are contiguous to each other and form a single tract of Protected Area located in biologically sensitive Western Ghats. These two Protected Areas are administratively unified under Dandeli-Anshi Tiger Reserve.
The Tiger Reserve has satisfactory remarks about Tiger density. It is also a home for endangered Hornbill species and rare Black Panthers.
Kali Tiger Reserve abounds in richness of flora and fauna. Its richness and diversity offers ample opportunities to nature lovers to enjoy the captivating landscape. The Reserve is generally undulating with steep slopes with picturesque deep river valleys and rich hilly forest terrain. The forest with its spurs of the Western Ghats, the breath taking valleys, regal looking meandering rivers and the splendid scenic beauty of the Syntheri Rock make it an awe inspiring natural beauty. The forest in Dandeli is typical moist deciduous and semi evergreen types.
The commonly sighted Wildlife species are Spotted Deer, Sambar, Gaur, Wild Boar, Mouse Deer, Barking Deer, Mongoose, Porcupine, Jackal, Common Langur, Giant Squirrel, Flying Squirrel, Civit Cat, Crocodile,etc.
The lesser seen species are Black Panther, Elephant, Sloth Bear, Tiger and Leopard. The Tiger Reserve has satisfactory remarks about Tiger density and is also a home to the enigmatic Black Panther.
It is also a home for endangered Hornbill species. The main Bird species include Magpie Robin, Blue headed Gound Thrush, Golden Backed Woodpecker, Indian Cuckoo, Crested Serpent Eagle, Malabar Pied Hornbill, Grey Hornbill, Paradise Flycatcher and a large variety of other Birds.
DEPARTURE DATE (Ex Mumbai by Train on 13th February, 2020)
ITINERARY / STUDY TOUR PROGRAMME.
13th Feb 2020 : Departure by 17318 LTT Hubli Express from Lokmanya Tilak Terminus at 18.00 Hrs. (carry Packed Dinner for train journey)
14th Feb 2020 : Arrive at Alnavar Railway Station at 09.25 hrs. and proceed to Dandeli-Anshi National Park (Kali Tiger Reserve). Arrive and stay at the Tented Camp. Post Lunch visit the semi evergreen Forest of Anshi on a Nature Trail. Return back to your Camp site. Dinner and overnight at the Camp.
15th Feb 2020 : Early morning Jeep Safari into the Dandeli Forest. Breakfast at the Camp. Post Lunch Jeep Safari into the Dandeli Forest. Dinner and overnight at the Camp.
16th Feb 2020 : Morning, Birding Trail to the Timber Camp, Dandeli. Breakfast and Lunch at Camp. Post Lunch depart to Alanavar Railway Station to board train back to Mumbai. (17317 Lokmanya TT Exp – Dep 16.30 Hrs). Packed Dinner served enroute.
17th Feb 2020 : Arrive at LTT at 07.15 Hrs.
You are offered a Twin / Double Bedded non-a/c Tented accommodation in an Eco-Camp to be shared between two adult pax. The accommodation is simple, clean and neat.
· Fixed Buffet Meals (Veg & Non Veg) will be served only at the Camp ( 02 Breakfasts + 03 Lunches + 02 Dinners).
· 01 Packed Dinner will be served during return train journey.
· Evening Tea with Biscuits (02).
· Anything ordered through Room Service in the Rooms / Tents or anything ordered in the Restaurant besides that of the Fixed Buffet Meals will be charged and is payable direct in cash at the Camp.
Transfers, Park Visits and Sight-seeing’s are by chartered Jeeps / Vans (8 to 10 adults depending on the vehicle).
· Per Adult Pax (on twin/double sharing basis) = Rs.10,500/- (Sleeper class train journey included)
Three-tier or two-tier AC train tickets can be booked on request as per the availability. Participant has to bear the difference between the fair.
Things You Should Carry
v Valid Photo Identity Card (Mandatory during Train Journeys, Park Visits and at the Camp stays).
v Set of Warm Cloth wear.
v Grimmett – Pocket Guide to the Birds of Indian Subcontinent, Writing Pad and Pen (during Park Visit).
v A good Camera, a pair of Binoculars, Sunglasses, Sunhat and a Torch.
v A Bed Sheet & Air Pillow during rail journeys.
v Towel & Toiletries.
v Personal Medication Kit.
v Chain & Lock for safety of baggage during train journeys.
v It is always better to travel light. Your baggage should comprise of only one piece. i.e. either a small suitcase/handbag or a trolley bag which can pack your requirement of clothing for three days.
v Sufficient drinking water when you are outdoors.
· Handover your Room Keys at the Reception before you leave the Camp premises.
· The participants will not be allowed to go outside the Camp premises after 2200 hrs. If they do so, it will be at their own risk and consequences.
· Any kind of breakages or damages done to the Camp will be charged to the individuals.
· Consumption of alcohol and smoking on the tour and within the Camp premises is strictly prohibited.
· Any expenses of personal nature such as Laundry Charges, Telephone Calls, Medical Expenses, Camera Fees (wherever applicable), Cost of Aerated / Mineral Waters will have to be borne by the individuals.
· Your personal belongings and valuables are at your own risks.
· Use of Mobile Phones during Park Visits is strictly not permitted. Hence keep your mobile phones on switch-off mode during the Park Visits.
· Your Co-operation as far as discipline and time – management is concerned will be highly valued in order to deliver the most within the specified time period to have a successful and fruitful Educational Study Tour.
Your Tour Incharge
Seema Hardikar © 97572 85868
Pramod Meshram © 98207 55660
BANK DETAILS – FOR PAYMENT REMITTANCE
Current Account Name- FERN
Bank- Thane Bharat Sahakari Bank Ltd.
Branch- Main Branch, Vishnu Nagar, Naupada, Thane
IFSC: TBSB 0000002
A/c No: 002110000005947